Digital Manufacturing Training Series
Manufacturing & Digital Fundamentals (Level 1)
The Manufacturing & Digital Fundamentals program is for individuals looking to enter the manufacturing field with little to no experience in traditional or digital manufacturing or those who are looking to grow, strengthen or refresh fundamental future-ready skills needed to be competitive in the field. Pre-assessment competency review may be required.
Employers interested in enrolling new hires or entry-level employees: View and download our FAQ sheet HERE.
Completing all four modules will earn a Penn State program certificate and 4.5 Continuing Education Units (CEU). Completion of individual modules will result in certificates of completion and 1.3 CEUs per module completed.
Module Pricing Details:
|All Modules (I-IV)||$2,100 (includes a meal during each class)|
|Module III||$795 (includes a meal during each class)|
Digital Manufacturing Essentials (Level 2)
The Digital Manufacturing Essentials program is tailored for individuals currently employed or with a background in manufacturing. These programs are suitable for those seeking to enhance their knowledge in smart/digital manufacturing. This includes positions such as production workers, plant supervisors, machinists, machine operators, technicians, manufacturing engineers or manufacturing support roles.
Those who complete all four modules will earn a Penn State Digital Manufacturing Essentials program certificate 4 Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
Module Pricing Details:
|All Modules (I-IV)||$2,300|
Digital Manufacturing Professional (Level 3)
The Digital Manufacturing Professional program is for current manufacturing professionals who serve in positions such as technical manager, engineer or specialist who have a technical background, experience or education in engineering, manufacturing and data/information technology, as well as responsibility for the advancement of product or service development in manufacturing.
Those who complete all four modules will earn a Digital Manufacturing Professional Certificate, 5 Continuing Education Units (CEU) from Penn State, which is also recognized for Professional Engineering (PE) certification.
Upon successful completion of individual modules, certificates of completion will also be awarded.
Module Pricing Details:
|Module I (Virtual)||$200|
|All Modules (Module 1- Virtual, Modules II-IV In-person)||$2,500|
Those who attend Module 1 and would like to register for Modules 2-4 will receive a discount code to subtract the cost of Module 1 from registration for the full course (all modules).
Financial Assistance for All Programs
Local agencies such as CareerLink are also partnering with us to make workforce training funds available to cover the cost of tuition for eligible participants and organizations. For questions about funding eligibility:
- Alle-Kiski area residents can call 724-334-8600 for the New Kensington office.
- Those in other parts of the Westmoreland County region can call 724-836-2600 for the Westmoreland-Fayette office.
Non-Credit Card Registration for All Programs
Individual Registrants (paying by check or other means):
- Fill out this online information form to provide your name, date of birth, address, email address, phone number and place of employment.
- Penn State New Kensington's Office of Continuing Education will enter the registrant's information and produce a payment invoice that will be sent to the registrant with payment details.
- Checks should be made payable to Penn State University. Once payment is received, participant will be registered for the course.
Business/Organization Group Registrants (paying by check or other means):
- Fill out this online information form for Businesses or Groups. On the form, provide the names, dates of birth, addresses, email addresses and phone numbers of all those in the group wishing to register.
- Penn State New Kensington's Office of Continuing Education will enter the group registrant information and produce a payment invoice that will be sent to the registering business/group contact with payment details.
- Checks should be made payable to Penn State University. Once payment is received, participants will be registered for the course.
Fill out the form below to be notified when registration opens for programs in our Digital Manufacturing Training Series.
Contact Steve Leonard at email@example.com for more information.
- Applies to Manufacturing & Digital Fundamentals Certificate Program and Digital Manufacturing Essentials Certificate Program
- Applies to Manufacturing & Digital Fundamentals Certificate Program
CESMII Endorsed Trainings
- Module 3: Manufacturing & Digital Fundamentals
- Full Program: Digital Manufacturing Essentials
- Full Program: Digital Manufacturing Professional